So, Leigh over at HopefulLeigh (are you not loving her This Is How We Met series??)tagged me in this little meme (?) going around. I’ve not done one of these yet, so I figured why not. What a fun way to spend a quiet Saturday night at home!
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Let people know that you’ve tagged them.
1. I’m left handed
2. I’ve never broken a bone
3. I have to eat small candies (M&M’s, Skittles, etc) in even numbers so I can have equal numbers on both sides of my mouth with each bite.
4. When music is playing, I will always move, sway or tap fingers or toes to it. I can’t help it and often don’t even realize I’m doing it.
5. I rock/sway when I’m standing near someone holding a baby, even if I’m not.
6. I have little patience for most televised sports.
7. I absolutely love having people over to our house. But struggle to keep it tidy enough to have people over at the spur of the moment.
8. I took ballet lessons for 7 years and quit when we moved to a small town when I started high school. I was happy with the choice then, but regret it now.
9. I’m a total creature of habit. If it weren’t for the Hubs occasionally coaxing me out of my comfort zone, I’d still be eating at the same places, the exact same dishes, driving the same routes, etc.
10. I multitask, but in the form of having several projects going at once, but I work on them in concentrated blocks of time. One project for a week until I get bored, then the next one until I get bored, etc.
11. I could easily sleep 12-13 hours at night and still take a 2-3 hour nap during the day.
Questions For Me
1. Favorite Book
I absolutely love A Thorn in My Heart, Fair is the Rose and Whence Came a Prince by Liz Curtis Higgs. I’ve read the trilogy at least 4 times now and I’m moved every time.
2. Would you make a good celebrity? Why or why not?
Good grief, I don’t know! Ha!! Probably not a great one because although I love people, interacting, talking, etc, I’m not great at spontaneous banter.
3. One thing on your To Do list
Start making the gift for my oldest daughter’s teacher for the end of the year.
4. The last time you treated yourself to something special
Hhhhmmmm…..oh! I scored a rockin’ deal on one of those daily deals sights for a massage and facial. So, I did that back in the fall sometime.
5. What is your perfect meal?
One that I don’t have to cook or clean up after. involving scallops, if possible.
6. One thing you should do more often
7. Most underrated band
Im rubbish at band/artist names, but I know songs I like. My newest obsession is Flook. An awesome group that plays traditional, yet modern, Irish music.
8. Your plans for Valentine’s Day
Uummmm…..no idea. Ha! Probably stay home with the family. I’ll do something fun for the girls’ lunch boxes and breakfast. Hubs and I prefer to go out nights other than Valentine’s, when it’s not so crowded. Good grief, I’m getting old.
9. If you could go anywhere, where would you go? Time and money are not a factor.
Back to the Amalfi coast with the Hubs. We went on a babymoon of sorts for our 10th wedding anniversary. It was amazing. After that I’d hit the States to see all our family and friends.
10. A good prank you pulled or that someone did to you
Well, this is the only prank I’ve ever pulled, I suppose. I know, I’m boring. we used to work with some teens back in the States. I went out with them one night and we put 32 pink flamingos in another guy’s yard. I know.
11. Rain or snow?
Rain to live in, snow to look at.
Who I’m Tagging:
My Friend Charity
Through My Lense
The French Bird Blog
The Humbled Homemaker
One Fun Mom
Questions for My Tagees
1. Your favorite dessert
2. The best day of your life so far
3. Your secret dream profession
4. Your guilty pleasure
5. The favorite thing in your wardrobe
6. This time next year I…
7. Favorite movie
8. Salty or Sweet?
9. If you could have anyone from anytime past or present over for dinner, who would it be? Why?
10. Favorite song